VETIQ® Stool Firm Tablets
VETIQ® Stool Firm tablets Aids the relief of symptoms of mild diarrhoea that your pet may experience. They are specially formulated with a unique blend of pectin and pumpkin for added fibre and naturally occurring beta-carotene which helps increase and improve stool firmness.
Intestinal health is also improved as it contains Kaolin for toxin absorption and prebiotic fibre, Inulin, to promote the presence of beneficial gut bacteria. Stool Firm tablets contain calcium carbonate which helps to form a barrier along the gut assisting the natural balance of the digestive tract.
Helps with: Excessive flatulence, mild diarrhoea, reluctance to eat, lethargy & fatigue Loose, soft or watery stools, dull coat & poor overall health.
Suitable for puppies 2+ months and kittens 6+ months.
- Aids the relief of symptoms of mild diarrhoea.
- Helps to firm soft stools.
- Contains prebiotic fibre.
- For puppies from 8 weeks.
- Helps maintain a healthy intestine.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Stool Firm safe to give to a cat?
I have a pregnant bitch that has very bad diarrhoea. Is it safe to give her Stool Firm?
Why can I not give VETIQ Stool Firm as a continuous preventative treatment?
Can I give this product to my dog while they have Cushings disease and are on medication for this?
Can this product be used continuously?
Answer: This is a good question, there are 2 main reasons for recommending the break.
1) The product has fibre and binding agents to help regularise digestion during diarrhoea events. However, using these when the stool is not loose will have a constipating effect on your pet. 2) This product has a high level of calcium carbonate (its one of the binding agents mentioned above). Longer term usage of this may pre-dispose some dogs to urinary calculi (a hard mass of mineral salts in the urinary tract).
These are the main reasons for recommending a 7 day break.
Are two tablets supposed to be given together or spaced during the day?
Answer: Your reading of the tablet dosage is correct, your dog should receive 2 tablets. We instruct that they can be sprinkled on their food, so you can give them together. Its best to keep it to a similar time each day where possible.